For many owners, short term rentals has made 2nd home ownership a possibility, along with adding the priceless value of enjoyment by not having to see to the everyday details of operating a small business. By having a team of trained professionals working to earn you the highest profits and providing the services that allows you more time to play. Leave the worrying about scheduling repairs, cleanings, & marketing your property to us. We do all the work, so you can enjoy spending time doing the things you love.
Your new home will always be yours to use whenever you want as the number of owner nights are not limited by the management company. All we ask is that you block out times you may want to use your home personally within a reasonable amount of time before the check-in date.
A few of the benefits of having a vacation rental are:
- Owning a Dual Purpose Property
- Generate Rental Income
- Build Value Through Appreciation
- Earn Tax Deductions
Some items to take into consideration when deciding on the profitability of a vacation rental:
- How often do you plan on using the unit?
- Understanding that the Holiday’s & Prime Seasons get the highest nightly rates
- 1st year marketing of a vacation rental isn’t the most profitable as it takes time to build repeat clientele
- Nightly rates fluctuate based on supply and demand on any given day
The costs associated with having a full service property management company at your disposal:
- From the nightly rental revenue, 3% of the gross will go into a pooled reserve account which is used to offset the cost of replacing linens, batteries, small housewares under $100, and minor repairs.
- Tamarack Lodging charges a 30% commission
- $50 Management Fee per month. Covers the cost of maintaining front desk personnel and maintenance staff.
Additional Charges As Required:
- Seasonal Deep Cleaning
- Owner Stay Cleanings
- Liability Insurance
**Guests are charged for cleaning, damage insurance, & credit card processing fees.
Village Rates & Occupancy – In year Zero, starting October 2019 we are setting our nightly rates very competitively in an effort to not only gain appeal, but create demand in the market place. We have taken into consideration, major construction going on in the area. Years 1 and 2 we are projecting significant growth in the nightly rate of 13% to 15% every year.
Resort Occupancy – Historically, Tamarack Lodging’s Occupancy For the Year is 30%. With new branding, capital investments, and the additional marketing over the next year we will see this continue to grow.
Number of Nights – The first year in the program owners can expect 50 to 65 nights rented. By the 2nd & 3rd year you can expect 90 to 130 nights per year. The average for the area is 120 nights.